...learning beyond the building
Click below for an overview.
Click below for an overview.
How Are We Working Together To Change Lives at Providence?
Adventure & Creation
Whether cycling, canoeing, hiking, fishing, or climbing, outdoor expedition can deepen knowledge of self, God, and His creation. For Providence 360, adventure, problem solving, and community mix with mutual concern and shared experience. The academy designs all outdoor experiences to foster growth in the knowledge of God through observation of His handiwork, while providing direct practical connections and integration with their classroom studies. All creation reveals God’s handiwork, and as students and faculty learn more of Him through their study of various elements of nature, Providence Christian Academy aims to draw a community of scholars together in wonder and praise for their Creator.
History & Culture
Past lives and places rich with history—stories of heroic endeavor—can inspire the younger generation to meet the challenges of their own time—to shape a more hopeful future. We strive to empower young scholars to apply lessons from history by exploring the very places where history took place. Exploring the Gettysburg Civil War battlefield, for example, makes the textbook account more than mere words on a page. Listening to community leaders or heroes from the past animates history beyond the brick and mortar learning that sometimes makes it so difficult for some students to appreciate and apply past lessons.
Community & Calling
We teach our students the practice of servant leadership and incorporate that practice into the academy culture through various community service projects (i.e. volunteering at the Gettysburg Battlefield or local nonprofit). So many children have experienced disintegrating families and communities and desperately need to see constructive community and collaboration. We strive to engender deep respect for authority and community leaders by interacting with leaders in the courts, halls of government, military, police, fire fighters, medical emergency personnel, farmers, business, and other vital elements of our community.
Featured 2019-20 Sponsors for Providence 360
Major Providence 360 Events
- Cumberland Valley School of Music - Keyboarding Lab - Lessons at CVSM!
- Scotland Memorial Park - Environmental Steam Analysis
- Scotland Campus Pond - Environmental Pond Study
- Scotland Campus Museum & Alumni Tour
- Advancing Science - Gettysburg College Science Education Outreach
- Gettysburg College Planetarium
- County Farm Funfest
- Norlo Park - Tennis and Picnic
- Gettysburg Museum & Recreational Park
- Eisenhower Farm - Gettysburg
- Caledonia State Park
- Nature Hike - Ramble Trail
- Thaddeus Stevens Blacksmith Shop
- Caledonia Iron Works
- Chambersburg Heritage Center
- Historical Downtown Walking Tour 1 - Learn More Here
- Historical Downtown Walking Tour 2 - Learn More Here
- Old Jail Tour - Chambersburg
- John Brown's House - Chambersburg
- Chambers Fort Park
- James Buchanan Birthplace
- Nature Hike - Tuscarora Trail
- Tuscarora Wildlife Environmental Education Program (TWEP)
- Conococheague Institute Tour - French & Indian War
- Fort Loudon - Frontier Fort Tour
- Cove Valley Camp - Canoeing
- YMCA - Gym, Swim, and Racquetball
- LEA Burkholder Farm - Dairy Operations Tour
- Peckman Farm - Service Project